Technologies of Transmission
Technology as mediator
The Demos Project studies how humans and human communication are mediated by technology. Through our work, we ask the following:
- Do different technologies change the way people are represented in data?
- How do people interact with information that has been transmitted through digital and analogue media?
- How does our understanding of communication change depending on the media we use?
- How do electronic objects (such as medical devices, information scanners, and art installations) exert technological control and influence discussions about policy policy?
- How much do technologies of transmission rely on a knowledge of culture, nationality, and memory?
Tarez Graban, Allen Romano, Sarah Stanley, Judith Pascoe