Prosopography: the study of historical people
The Demos Project studies data about historical people (prosopography) in order to reexamine our contemporary understanding of people and their societies. In this work, we ask the following questions:
- What patterns can be detected when we study data about historical persons (prosopography)?
- How does people-centered data drive our thinking about both individuals and the groups to which they are assigned?
- What can we learn from putting data about understudied people in context?
- What can we learn about past social environments from the study of individuals?
- How do you represent data about people that changes over time and across space?
- How might digital prosopography allow us to rethink our research methodologies in the humanities?
Tarez Graban, Allen Romano, Sarah Stanley, Judith Pascoe